June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month! Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy lifestyle, but did you know that a recent study by the CDC found that one in 10 adults don’t meet their daily recommended serving? It’s true! Sometimes it can seem like there aren’t enough hours in the day to squeeze in your nine servings of veggies (and fruit) – but don’t fret! Here are some ways to effortlessly increase your veggie intake.
Give Breakfast a Boost
You know what they say – breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Start your day off on the right foot by including veggies in your morning routine.
- Add mushrooms, onions, spinach, or tomato to your eggs (or egg whites!), and whip up a delicious omelet.
- Throw a handful of your favorite leafy greens into your morning IsaLean™ Shake. You’ll be so distracted by all the creamy deliciousness that you won’t even taste it!
- Get fancy and try your hand at making a frittata or quiche. You can even make it a family affair, and recruit the help of your loved ones!
Cut the Carbs
Did you know that vegetables can make the perfect substitute for breads and pastas? Don’t just take our word for it; give it a go!
- Throw out your taco shells, or ditch your burger bun – use lettuce wraps instead!
- Having an Italian-style dinner? Spaghetti squash is your perfect match. Simply slice the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Scrape out the insides, and you have yourself some “spaghetti”!
Snacks, Snacks, Snacks!
We’ll let you in on a little secret: Veggies make perfect snacks! It’s easy to increase the number of veggies you eat while satiating your hunger between meals.
- Pack snack containers filled with baby carrots, celery, or snow peas for on-the-go grazing. Add hummus, guacamole, or salsa for some flavor!
- Replace chips or crackers with some nutritious homemade kale chips or crunchy jicama sticks.
Creativity Is Key
Are you bored of steamed broccoli? Try out some fun recipes to revive your vegetables!
- Incorporate new flavors and experiment with different spices and seasonings. Saute your veggies with ginger, coriander, or red pepper flakes. The possibilities are endless!
- Add some zing to your legumes with this recipe for ranch-roasted chickpeas.
- How about some Whey Thins™ zucchini sticks? Yes, they’re as good as they sound!
Complement your vegetable intake with Isagenix Greens™! This tasty drink powder has nutrients from over 30 vegetables, herbs, and botanicals and contains phytonutrients. Greens is the perfect pairing for your daily recommended 2-3 cups of vegetables. Available in a canister or convenient single-serving packets, Isagenix Greens can be mixed with water, added into an IsaLean Shake, or used in a fun recipe.
Today may be dedicated to eating your vegetables, but never stop celebrating making healthy choices! Head to the IsaLife™ app for more veggie-filled recipes and ways to use your Isagenix Greens.